View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 10:56 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: How to repaint a bike frame

Thanks everyone! I don't have a compressor, but my dad runs the diesel mechanic shop for a recycling company so they have air. But no spray gun. I wanted to keep my budget under $40 as well, so I will be using spray cans. Or powder coating if I can get a deal, but it will probably be very expensive because I want more than one color. This will not be an off-road build, mostly just riding around on pavement but I want something that will hold up a little better than enamel because it will serve as a pit bike when I go to motocross races. On a side note, if you ever want to sell a motorbike, a motocross race is the place to do it. Think about 80,000+ rednecks walking past your bike! So ya I want a paint that won't break the bank, be impossible to find, and must be tough. And I need fuel resistance. It would be great of I could find it all at ace or true value. It will be stored in my workshed in the back yard, but it will see snow in the winter cuz I ride in nearly all weather. And what's the deal with clear coat? Sounds like BA doesn't like it, what about the rest of you?
some people say that a motorbike defeats the purpose of a bike. i tell them to get a flintstone's car.