View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 10:27 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Addicted and Havn't Even Started

Hey guys! I just wanted to let all of you know that I have successfully installed my first engine XD. I am so excited about it. Gary, thanks for the heads up, and I will be sure to read up on the laws so I can get it street legal. The problems I have been having so far are with the chain tensioner. The engine works fine, in fact it started right up the first time, but after about 2 minutes the chain popped off so I am currently adjusting it. Fuel tank was leaking so I just locktited the crap out of it and it seems to be working. I originally tried to put it on my road bike, but at the last minute I realised that it would not fit properly so I had to take everything off. Of course this was after I bent the muffler to fit the bike. I got a new schwin bike though that is working very well. My engine is the grubee skyhawk GT5, the 2011 version. I changed out the spark plugs, but surprisingly I could not find spark plug caps anywhere! I tried two auto zones, tractor supply, true value, and ACE and none had it! Guess im off to SBP! haha. I have a picture below. Hope you like it, because i know i do!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0034.JPG (142.2 KB, 20 views)