View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: WCC SO-CAL Special Frame Build....

Originally Posted by Gbrebes View Post
Hey Jeff,

You really do some quality work from scratch, I really admire that. You take some straight tube, some metal plate, and turn it into a beautiful flowing machine.

Your welding skills also impress me, I don't really weld, but I've done a little mig welding and I know how easy it is to mess it up. You don't mess it up at all, clean stuff. You should be proud.

I have a question about those rims. What are they? They look wider than a worksman, but I don't know much about such stuff, I bought some old worksman rims when I started my first and only build, and I never really looked for another set, I love my worksmans.

Your build is looking super cool to me, but I have one more question. You have a race bike, Iceman has a race bike, and Ryan has a race bike, are you adding racers to Team Wolf? It would be awesome to be on your race team, I think you could dominate the Motorized Bicycle Racing Cicuit for reals.

Anyway, in my book, you da man. I really dig the work that you do.

Thanks Gilbert for the kind words. I do know how to hide the bad welds or fix them...LOL...flap wheel is my best friend in the shop...

No teams are in the plans since I have listed all my bikes except one for sale. The plan is to complete this build for the iceman to race and keep one of my 2 strokes to race. I want to complete another BTR to keep for myself. The problem is I enjoy building and have six bikes and no room to work in my shop anymore...get's old having to move them all around all the time...

VMB: I had a little help with the wheels but they are a custom build.

More work completed: I made the tank mounts that will be welded to the lower top tube. The tank is now complete with all the bungs welded in. I received the crank setup I ordered from "Sportsman" and must say it's DA BOMB. It's nice to have great quality parts and a great vendor to deal with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P5010038.JPG (313.5 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg P5010039.JPG (349.3 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg P5010042.JPG (340.4 KB, 151 views)