View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Re: Started by Necessity, Now I'm addicted.

Group rides are awesome, even if there are only a few people in the group. It's just cool. I'd like to get together with some local riders. If I can't find any, I'll just have to start building bikes for friends so we can ride. I think enough of them are interested . . .

Thanks for the advise about the rubber mounts Bikeguy. I'll find an alternative. I had the motor mounted a little high due to the bicycle's original chain guard. It's off now, since the bolts vibrated out, so now I can lower the motor in the frame a little bit, thus eliminating my spacer block and hopefully enabling me to make a tighter mount.

I still need to replace the factory studs with some appropriate-length bolts.

The back wheel needs replaced. It's got a bad "hop" in it. I can't find a good (new) rim for less than $40 locally. I may drop the cash and get it over with. It's what I need to do. I don't feel all that safe on it as it is.

Every now and then, the chain will make a "CHICK" sound that makes me think it's gonna jump the sprocket. I ride on busy roads. I'd hate for the back wheel to lock up at high speed with a car on my tail.
No no no, I DON'T want that to happen. I wish I wish I wish I hadn't bought a used kit.