Thread: Clutch help
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 12:05 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Clutch help

Originally Posted by 2door View Post
I'm curious. You said "the motor started right up" then you go on to say, " the motor put out too much torque for the clutch".

What do you mean by "too much torque" ? If the engine started, how did you start it? By pedaling and engaging the clutch? If so, the clutch must have held tight enough to turn the crankshaft. What are the sypmtoms you are having? Does the clutch slip after the bike is rolling and you apply power? If this is the case then I'm going back to the clutch pads slipping when hot. That is due to oil/glaze.
Do you know the proper procedures for adjusting the flower nut? There are several good tutorials here for doing that.

It was started by pedaling about 20 feet clutch out an started right up every time . It slips under power . Yesterday when there were two other motorized bicycle at the shop it was so much snapper on the throttle an rev quicker than the other 2 . I had a friend do all the test rides , he been riding these thing for 4 years . As per him this smoothest no vibration ,torquest he been on . Dan