View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 04:01 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Bike engine kits??

Originally Posted by Ryansway View Post
Well my bike aint got the straditional Triangle in the middle but a Spring, but is there a way to mount it to the rear if the buke some how?
Yes you can, but you need to be able to make a mount. You don't need to use the traditional tube mounting system. The rear mount can be removed. Use two flat bars, form to a partial V and weld a bottom plate on. Bolt the plate to a rack. Then you will need extra long throttle and clutch cables. Or a mount like this. Personally I'd get a bike that the engine can mount the traditional way. You can get one free on freecycle (yahoo groups), or pick one up cheap used. Or start with a front or rack mount. The tank has to be mounted higher then the carburetor.

If you don't live around for one closer. I have 3 within 30 mile of me. One in Alabaster (7miles), Clanton (10 miles), and Birmingham (30miles). These are groups that give away items FREE, cant charge or trade for anything.

The picture shows a mount for a chopper, one can be made like this except for the tubes, use flat bar.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bgf.JPG (17.3 KB, 14 views)
Looking for HT's parts?
HT pre instillation tips.
Engine running problems?
HT breakdown Photos

Ron ><)))))*> Calera, Alabama

Last edited by Al.Fisherman; 04-29-2012 at 05:15 PM.