View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 09:44 PM
Gutter Rider
Default Re: Centrifugal Clutch Option?

You have to weld your own tab anytime you want more superior stopping power like this disk brake set up. The thing is we are talking about running the bike single speed right. Its not hard to do.

No it is not a kit like a bolt on China or such. Got to remember these bikes were not meant for a motor to begin with. What do you expect? lol. Not gonna find them at wallies.

Thing is you put the caliper on the disk brake put a heavy duty rubber band on the hand pull part at the bars. Do this when it is perfectly line up. Next tack weld the caliper mounting bracket onto the bike. Do it right and it will be lined up perfect as it will not go anywhere when you tack it in. Then take the caliper out of the way and finish welding it right.

From what I have read in the bike frame building forums. You want the caliper mount on the upper rear trailing and have the g forces pushing into the steel. Not pulling.

Cheap department store bikes? I Just don't have a lot of faith in them me personally. Yet a fellow that knows what he has and uses a good steel frame , this is a walk in the park. Very easy! I have done it and would not hesitate to do it again.

I go with disk brakes because they have never disappointed me. Guess we are all creatures of habit. Shrug
Still gotta have a since of humor.

Last edited by Goat Herder; 04-23-2012 at 09:47 PM.