View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 08:30 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: My sporty custom

That is a fantastic build! I love the lines. What frame is that? I may have to try and copy that build, with a 4 stroke stuffed in there...

But most of our bikes are no comparison to a real motorcycle (but some of the racers come close). That GS550 is a neat bike, and can look really cool restored and customized.

I actually got into motorized bicycles because of giving up motorcycle riding (for now). I gave up motorcycles after my son was born but obviously never lost the itch. But commuting on a bike, much less sport riding, was getting too dangerous for me to be comfortable with. I figure putting around the neighborhood on a motorized bicycle should be safe-ish, right? You know, like having just a little taste of whiskey after your AA meeting, what's the harm, right? lol

Here is a pic of my first street bike, and the last bike I loved. Never should have sold her. She never even got a complete paint job after the new tail section, I found out the next owner rattle canned her flat black. So sad...

Last edited by maurtis; 04-18-2012 at 08:52 AM.