Thread: newbee w/a Q
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: newbee w/a Q

Although my son made a trip that took him 11 days (had a layover in 2 different towns due to weather). He peddled (no engine) from Orlando Florida to Lawrenceville Georgia (about 60 miles north of Atlanta) let's call it 460+ miles. Carried with him everything he owned and was followed by a friend (happened to be a girl). He would pull over on a sparse populated road, lay the bikes off the road and pitch a tent. Take showers at truck stops, and eat the cheapest he fast food. Approx $7.00 per day each. He left Orlando with $100.00, and I had to send him another $50.00 to Macon GA. and had money left...not much tho.

Your trip.... 3,200 miles 20MPH, 8hrs/day (160 miles/day) no staying other then a overnight sleep....20 days. I'd say taking in other factors, about 30 days (weather and a layover every couple of days). Food, I know I could do it on $7.00/day, bath in lakes/rivers and truck stops, camping on the road side and gas at 80MPG $200 for fuel. This I figure the minimum not counting repairs to engine or bike. $500.00

When off the road at night, no driver driving by will see you, unless the land is baron. Use a tent that is easily to erect at night (minimum nite lights). You will find places that there won't be or will lack for cover.

If you are not in a hurry, you could pick up a day job every so often.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg orl.JPG (176.7 KB, 16 views)
Looking for HT's parts?
HT pre instillation tips.
Engine running problems?
HT breakdown Photos

Ron ><)))))*> Calera, Alabama

Last edited by Al.Fisherman; 04-17-2012 at 12:19 AM.