Well I got to do my first real improvision and modification today. Just before I went for a ride I pulled my clutch in and the spring button that holds the clutch in flew up and out across the patio. I found the spring and the button and saw it was cheaply held in place by a rivet - which broke hence sending the button flying.
So I found a small nut that is a lock nut that is used to hold fenders in place. The nut was a tad bigger then the bottom of the pin where the rivet was but the locking vinyl inside the lock nut snugged in good. So I filled the bolt with JBWELD and slid it on. I took a wrench and carefully snugged the end of the pin into the vinyl and then wiggled it to align the nut. It set up in about 15 minutes and has been working perfectly since.
The picture is the clutch handle and button bottom in the locked position.