View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 12:50 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Heres the bike I chose..

Nice Choice on bike. I used the Isla Vista with red wheels I tried to order the copper too but they discontinued it tentativily,at that time i ordered, because they tarnish and look rusty over time, as per owner of 3G. But because of popular demand they stayed with it. I wouldnt of minded polishing them

At the end of this month they are coming out with all new colors for the bike line. I talked to the owner while he was in Taiwan working out the details. I am holding out for those. He also mentioned a hub adapter for motorized bikes being sold through them you may want to check that out to see if they are doing it. Seems he wants to have a good bike for MBers.

Here is the link to my 3G Isla Vista finished:

I am going with the Venice next too but I got to verify the monark II forks will fit on it first.

Can you measure, or do you know the length of the head tube?

I was also wondering what the down tube diameter is. Is it 1.505 inches like on the Isla Vista?

Is the seat tube diameter 1.13 inches on the venice like the Isla?

The standard hub on rear tire Isla rim was 1.522 inches is that the same?

The stock tires were actually really beefy on the Isla but I changed them out to the Specialized Hemisphere Sport Black Belt 26 x 1.95. I guess they have a kevlar belt inside and are wire reinforced at the rim.

Hope you will answer those questions it will help a lot! I look forward to following this build! I think they are super sweet bikes!

If ya wanna hit me up feel free this is my 2nd Isla build both went smooth.