View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Do peddlers hate me?

Originally Posted by F_Rod81 View Post
I pay no attention to the "No Motorized Vehicles" sign, it means nothing and does not pertain to us (depending on your state).
I don't get how you don' t think that that 2stroke or 4 stroke engine between your legs or slightly in front or behind you does not count as a motorized vehicle.
If we are running on engine power , yes we are a motorized vehicle, peddling and sweating your balls off , then no.
If you have to run engine power why not take the roads ?
I just think it wont take much of some guy bombing along on a bike or pleasure path to rack up a pile of complaints or cause a injury to force the government to look at us as real motorized vehicles(ie insurance). I personally see little difference in it being a 4 stroke or a 2 , regardless its a motor.

Oh I see, I reread your post, so basically in your state your 4stoke bike falls under the same laws as the low powered scooter things that really overweight people use to move around wall mart?

Regardless I think its in really poor taste to run a motor in a non motorized path. But I guess I don't live where you live so carry on, hope ya don't hurt someone .