View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 11:29 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Originally Posted by Egor View Post
Static - Try this, if I leave my bike for too long it fills the crankcase with gas and the only thing that works aside from turning the bike upside down, I ride with the throttle wide open with NO choke. It takes a few feet but then it fires and runs fat for a few minutes, for that start you never need the choke. The float stop on the stock carb has a lot to be desired. My fuel stop is shot and just feeds fuel all the time, so I get this problem all the time, Good luck, and remember have fun. Dave

Originally Posted by Spaz_Static View Post
Today (well, yesterday) my bike wouldn't start. I think it might have to do with my adjustment I made to the float arms the
That's the thing, I hadn't left it long, it had been running just the day before. I tried no throttle, half, WOT, and all three with choke, and she just wouldn't start. I made sure the choke lever hadn't come loose, and that the spark plug wire was on tight, and then I had to go to work. I'll try it again in the morning, and go from there.

Edit, btw, I rode up and down my street for a good five straight minutes trying all throttle and choke combinations, then checking the lever and giving up to make it to work on time.

Last edited by Spaz_Static; 03-30-2012 at 11:31 PM.