View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 07:46 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Huntington Cross Bones build

Originally Posted by rustycase View Post
Kool animation, but it's running too fast!

I like to loook at your work!!! and it's going by too fast.

and I like to snag pics... the animation takes 'em all, with the change-O.
Not sure I like that part???

OH, Nice Work!
Thanks guys ;-}
I make all my images 700 pixels wide to fit pretty well in any forums text space but this site shrinks them to 640 pixels wide for display I think. No problem, just click the pic for a full size version.

If you want to view a given image of the sequence just hit your ESC (Escape) key when it is displayed, that halts the animation for a nice screen shot or good long look.
To restart the animation just reload the page.

As for making an animated single .gif image from a from some still shots, well, it does take some time and a couple of free tools.

The main one I use is Easy .Gif Animator. I have it for free DL on my computer web site here.

It is a basic tool and for the above all I did was add in the bare bike, then the finished bike, then the motor closeup shot timed at 3 seconds, 6 seconds, and 3 seconds respectively.

I then DLed the newest free trial of Ulead gif animator to load the Easygif animated image and add the transition effects.

There are plenty of other free tools too, these are just the ones I am familiar with just like my still using Paint Shop Pro ver 4.12 to do all my picture processing and sizing regardless of the pic even though it is to like ver 8 now.
I have that on the same site as well here

Anyway, the hardest part of a good animation is getting those initial pics to match up.
Nothing beats a good photo wall with some floor markings and similar light conditions to get the before and after pics, but there is more to it than just that.

If you study that .gif you will see I actually staged the position of the crank arms, the pedal themselves level orientation, and even the reflectors on the wheels location in both the before and after pics to be the same.

In short you stage the before pics first, and when you finally get to the after pics you look at the before pics first and match it back up or it just won't 'look right' when you combine them.

I have been doing electronic media photo work so long it is a skill I take for granted sometimes, which makes it easier to explain, but harder not to just take for granted that everyone can't simply do the same thing with little effort simply given the tools like I can.

The same holds true for building any of these bikes to begin with I suppose...
You can put a rookie in a big shop with every tool there is but if he has no skills or mechanical intuition the bike still won't come out right the first time.

On the other hand, give a mechanically inclined guy enough of the right tools and parts and just enough comfortable dedicated work space, and he can pop out a quality motorized bike on the first try every time.

At least so I've heard...
Hahaha, naw, I know this first hand.
I have a long back story as to why I am renting the house I live and work from, but in essence it was this back room I set up my shop and office in that made me rent it.

It was all plush padded white carpet back here.
With the big sliding glass door to wheel things in and out and the quite road neighborhood roads it was perfect so I told my landlord straight out on the first visit to look at it that he could kiss the carpet in here goodbye.

I like a clean room but **** happens with these things and after more than a year this carpet shows it (lots of grease and gas/oil stains), BUT, few things beat being able sit on a nice piece of well padded carpet to adjust something eye level on a bike, and find dropped parts on white carpet as they don't bounce far and easy to see ;-}

ANyway, I ramble, sorry, I am just a little passionate about building motorized bikes to sell to others AND ride myself.

Speaking of which...
I am **** bent on building myself a new 4-stroke race tuned 3-speed jackshafted new luxury ride so I am selling my personal baby for $950.

I won't go into the details about my personal ride in this topic other than to say the basic bike itself was $500 and few bikes I ride with can keep pace and nothing can outrun me when I push her, and she'll take pushing, I broke her in right myself ;-}
If you are interested in my race tuned 66cc 3-speed shifter drop me an E, we can talk.
KC's Krusiers Builds

Last edited by KCvale; 03-29-2012 at 07:51 PM.