View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 12:59 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Ouch. Sucks for him...

Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
I'm an engineer, but not a PE.

That means I don't have a state license to practice and I'm not responsible.

He is.

Really, if you could be held financially responsible for your recommendations, would you tell people to go and build one of these? Like broadcast? (everyone)
Nobody that sells this kit is held financially responsible and there are tons of us that warn people to be extra careful as bikes aren't designed for this use...That is why we tell people to give yourself extra space to stop...we called that aim high steering in the trucking industry. Try driving an 80,000 truck down a mountain uneducated you'de be in the same plan ahead by gearing down and applying the jake brakes.

The key to riding these things SAFELY is to ride like you are invisible and give yourself PLENTY of braking distance. We also reccomend over and over again use a STEEL framed bike alluminum is likely to crack. The bikes with a front fender need to be reinforced so they don't fold down on the tire and face-plant you. I also reccomend taking the back way around like the loading dock side behind wal-mart ect. We have lots of riders here on this forum who have never been hurt riding I for one rode all around Dallas Tx. If after reading all this you still get hurt sue phone number is BR549 tell em Junior sent ya!