View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 08:00 PM
Gutter Rider
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I am REALLY trying to do the best job I can, eliminating the tensioner.
FAR too many of our riders send those $#@! things into the spokes, bind up the chain in between the rag joint sprocket and the spokes, locking up the rear wheel, and causing them to wreck the motorized bicycle with possible injuries...

I'm thinking (again!) that perhaps IF the seatpost was leaned back more at the top, chain adjustment could be accomplished by lowering the motor, sliding it down the post, as the chain stretched. And of course, to make the initial adjustment! lol

(Bonus here would be, increased seat to handlebar length, which is generally too short, for those of us using a motor assist, and NOT needing to grip the $@! out of the handlebars to motivate.)

I'll do a post on it when I get more details figgered out. It will require cutting and re-welding the frame, though.

There will be serious consideration of the Al.Fisherman's observation that a 72% frame angle for a chinagirl mount is optimal. Working in a V is the tough part!

My goal is cheap, reliable, personal transport, below the tax collector radar. Fun counts for a lot!

Last edited by rustycase; 03-24-2012 at 08:08 PM.