View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 10:19 AM
The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Default Re: DIY tank... even if you can't weld

Your sticky is a great addition to the site and a trip down memory lane from the days of the Rustoration thread. It was such fun being part of that and week by week seeing your bike come together. It remains one of my all time favorites. You and Bairdco were my mentors, the young guys helping Grandpa with his motorbike.

I just went through this thread from the beginning and it is timely for me in that I am about to finally make my own steel tank and intend to weld it myself once I get in a little more welding time. I'll be referring to this thread again before all is said and done.

Your Rollfast made a big impression on me at the time, not just the good looks, but also the three speed shift kit... putting that on my someday wish list. As it turns out I'll be doing the same 3 speed S.A. rear hub with SBP shift kit parts on a bike this summer, a 1934 Elgin 4 Star step through, very much like the bike I worked on in the Rustoration thread which later burned up in a truck fire. So, an old dream is coming to be and you have your part in it. Thank you, my friend.
Someday when I grow up I will probably lose interest in toys with wheels, but until then...