View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 12:22 AM
LR Jerry's Avatar
LR Jerry LR Jerry is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Oak Ridge, TN
Posts: 1,019
Default Re: Pan Am Bike Tour for My Son and Me

More bad news for you then. Many states don't require a motorcycle license for a motorized bicycle but the do require regular drivers license. Northern Tools sells the Honda GXH 50 (49 cc) engine its around $400. You can also look it up online. The three places I told you about if you go online the web sites have phone numbers and they can help you with what engine kit will best serve you. You'll need to lookup and read the laws of the states you plan on passing through. The only way you'll be able to carry your 6 year old is maybe in a side car or maybe a trike build. Even then I suggest researching the laws of the states and countries you'll be passing through. With these kits you get what you're willing to pay for. You'll probably be better off flying down there then ordering a kit for a bike. Good luck.
Reply With Quote