View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 11:23 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Old dog learns new trick...Welding!

SB the machine you have is just like mine just 5 amp less but seems same otherwise and on back that’s it.

The kit I got to adapt came with solenoid although it is already in the machine, so I have a spare now. It was the hose and the two gauge reading and fixed regulator with adjustable flow with the few other goodies solid wire and tips. Two round gauges with needles on each. The one with floating ball is not what I have for flow, but is accurate enough I believe using the needle type. It is really pressure that it senses and have a conversion so you read CFH (think cubic foot per hour).The one where I rented time had that type with float ball. Was told use think 5 but maybe was 15 CFH to do welding. The guage I have shows starting at 10 but the little increments before could be starting about 5 CFH. I didn’t notice any information in the manual of how to set gas flow rate, but felt it would be an experiment and use what I had before when I was doing TIG and MIG at the place I rented time.

I wrap old sock to protect the fittings, best to keep in a box too. The hose attached it would not fit back in the box it came in. Don’t want to scratch the fitting and then they leak.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG07469-20120318-2111.jpg (160.0 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by MEASURE TWICE; 03-18-2012 at 11:35 PM.