View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 08:14 PM
The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Default Re: Old dog learns new trick...Welding!

Pretty it isn't, but it holds together and will hold the welder securely. Dan is going to look for some scrap 4" angle iron to raise the cradle up over the level of the wheels so that the side panel of the welder can be opened to change the wire spool. So next week I'll finish up the carrier and perhaps then we can start cutting out the tank parts. I certainly need more practice running weld lines, probably hours worth of welding before I get a real feel for this.

But it was a good first lesson and I thank Dan for his help. As I have said before, even an old dog can learn a new trick, so long as a treat is involved. Seeing a gas tank on my Panther that I welded myself will be the perfect treat to spur me on.

A curious thing. I'm not sure if they were there before and I had not been paying attention, or maybe they were attracted by the intense light from my welding, but there are some strange creatures inhabiting Dan's back yard...

See you next week in the Tinsmith's shop.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC05042.JPG (244.6 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05013.JPG (263.4 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05017.JPG (266.4 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05018.JPG (284.7 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05020.JPG (282.6 KB, 131 views)
Someday when I grow up I will probably lose interest in toys with wheels, but until then...