Thread: Crank seal???
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 08:02 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Crank seal???

Hello there Dorn,

Here is a link to where I ordered my crank seals, they are 5mm in width instead of 3.8mm and the picture that is used on the web site is wrong but the top choise ( Grey Nitrile Seal ) is the ones I have they are correct width for the gear side of the crank and I'm pretty sure they will also work on the mag. side as well. less than $3 and I think with some care the seal can actually be worked down 1-2mm's in width because the outer frame of the seal is wider than the sealing area itself, I have been planning to do that myself on a piece of coarse sandpaper taped down on a flat piece of glass.

Anyway here is the link. best wishes. and remember the seal in the pic on this site is wrong but the seal is correct.

Peace, Map

Originally Posted by Christian Dorn View Post
I have Starfire 58cc GenII ,with a Blown crank seal. Numbers on seal say 17 x 29 x 3.8 , but all I can find on the linked websites is a different seal, measurements 14.8 x 27 x 3.8 so I ordered one from Piston Bikes and it's about a 1/8" smaller in diameter! Where can I find one that will fit my Star fire?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crank seal pic 1.jpg (50.6 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg crank seal pic 2.jpg (50.9 KB, 56 views)
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!

Last edited by mapbike; 03-15-2012 at 08:29 AM.