View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 10:59 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Been wondering what ole blacky would do at top speed since I put the 32T sprocket on the 24'' wheel & tire, this evening my brother was over on his Yamaha V Star so I ask him to ride beside me at WOT so I could know what the bike was topping out at before I bump the compression up, cleaner the ports up, change the exhaust and put a billet intake on it which I have planned for it soon.

Had a bit of a head wind but not bad, I could tell it was doing all it could on the rough dirt road and when it had hit the top he siad his speedo was straight up on 40mph, that was nice to know, I figured I was somewhere in that range but since I dont have a speedo on that bike I wasn't sure, this is my oldest engine that has had nothing at all done to it accept new mounting studs and a better intake gasket behind the stock alum. intake, it's an older BGF kit, I had a speedo on it once before and could only get 38mph with the 26'' rear tire and a 36T sprocket so it seems I picked up 2 mph by going with the 32T on a 24'' wheel, this engine has around 1500 miles on it now by my approx. figures since it had 1300+ on it when I took speedo off.

Hope this one last a very long time, it sure is a sweet running booger and it really likes the Opti2, it's all I use in all my 2 smokers.

Peace, Map
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!

Last edited by mapbike; 03-14-2012 at 11:02 PM.