View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 12:11 AM
Resident Mad Scientist
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Well, I got a surprise today: I learned I had three broken rear spokes! I spent a little time in careful thought, but I don't know if it was the stick I failed to dodge (which turned out to be hickory) or a pothole I hit to avoid a distracted motorist, or what happened or how long ago. But anyway, during a routine going-over today, I chanced upon a spoke that didn't look right so, being rather anal, I checked all my spokes. No ride today.
This evening was spent with the rear wheel off, and mounted in a spare fork as I laced in some spare spokes. Then I trued the wheel all over again, re-mounted my hub adapter & drive sprocket, adjusted rear coaster brake, etc. etc.
She'll be in top form when I'm done. And I'm glad I caught 'em before they created a far worse problem. But I still would rather have been riding. Oh well, she was way past-due for some shop time anyway.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"

Last edited by Allen_Wrench; 03-14-2012 at 12:13 AM.