View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Powder Coat a China Girl

Originally Posted by PORTA View Post
hey i have the perfect solution for you. Just go to any dav good will and pick up a cook stove it can be a pc of crap as long as the oven works .i am a fabricator and i have pc alot . In fact i have my own pc setup and paint alot of small stuff for folks around my way. Just one thing after you use the oven to bake out the powder do not use it to cook in not good.good luck with the powder coating.
I did consider that but I have no where to store the oven when it is not in use. My roommate does not want the oven sitting in the yard, the shed is already full of my garden stuff, and we converted the garage into a bar so I do not even have a workshop. All the work that I do is either outside on my porch or in the living room on a piece of cardboard.

My idea was to use a steel oil drum and one of those round counter top convection ovens most from the flea market or good will. Cut a hole in the top of the barrel just big enough for the heating unit. It will appease my roommate because I can stored more discreetly. Also I think that I can design it to serve as a triple as a cabinet for sandblasting and the powder coating.