Thread: Hello from TN
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 08:15 AM
LR Jerry's Avatar
LR Jerry LR Jerry is offline
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Oak Ridge, TN
Posts: 1,019
Default Re: Hello from TN

Here is the website for the "Tennessee Government Department of Safety & Homeland Security" Here is what they say:

Motorcycle Operator (Class M) License

What is a Class M Motorcycle Operator License?

A Class M motorcycle license allows the holder 16 years of age or older the privilege of operating a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle over 50cc. The operator of a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle will need to apply for a Class M license (or XM license). These two and three-wheeled vehicles are categorized by cylinder capacity and other design features. Class M licenses (XM license) may be issued as a single license, or along with another primary class.

Applicants wishing to apply for a Class M license/XM license should obtain and read the Motorcycle Operator Manual which is available at all driver license service centers located throughout the state.

Any operator of a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle 15 years of age requires a special permit allowing the fifteen year old to operate a motorcycle with certain restrictions after completing the requirement established for a motorcycle license.

Anyone with a valid Tennessee driver license may operate a motorized bicycle that is 50cc or less and no endorsement is required on the driver license.
Reply With Quote