View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Going to buy a bike kit

I also agree with Mike B & ddesens

I've built go karts from scratch and several other things in the past, but I got a kit for my first motorized bikes.

The kits are a good place to start, and then after you get it installed, broken in, and then fine tuned, you can start figuring out what mods you want along the way, probably better tensioner set up for chain if you even decide to use one at all, carbs on the engine are all jetted way rich so the jets always need to be soldered up and redrill for the engines to run right....Blah Blah Blah.....and so on, but there is a lot to learn and do with the kit engines and hardware, plus the kit will get you up and going pretty quick, then that bug will have bit the crap out of you most likely and there will be no looking back, you'll be hooked solid like most of the rest of us are.....

Spend a couple 100 bucks, get you an inexpensive mountain bike or beach cruiser and you can be up and going in one day easy.

The PK-80 kit that Pirate Cycles has right now would be a great place to start in my opinion.

Best wishes with whatever you do.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!