View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 08:57 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Are MBs the Beverly Hillbillies of bicycledom?

Originally Posted by biknut View Post
I spotted a couple of hillbillies out riding their motor bicycles today. Actually it was me and Coaster lol. We were on the 2 bikes that didn't cost $5000, and ours had motors.

Originally Posted by happycheapskate View Post
Those look pretty good. I haven't visited this cafe yet. The hipsters rode there but I haven't heard from them in a while. They blocked me on FB because I rode my motor bicycle in their parade a couple times.

I've been called a "hillbilly" plenty of times, but not yet when I am riding the motorbicycles.
LOL You might want to stay off the White Rock Creek trail for a couple of days. We motored it all the way from Hillcrest to White Rock lake, and back too. Probably 20 miles round trip. I'm pretty sure those signs that said no motor vehicles didn't apply to us. We kept our speed below 20 mph. Actually I didn't hear any complaints, but that might be because of the ear plugs.

Seriously, everyone we talked to was very friendly and wanted to know about our bikes. Riding the lake road with a tail wind, we followed a guy riding almost 30 mph. He followed us to the Bicycle Cafe to ask about our bikes. He wanted to know how much they cost. I told him I had $269 in the bicycle, and $135 for the motor, plus $200 in extra accessories. He told me just his seat cost more than $200. His custom bicycle was $5500.

Then 3 old geezers about my age rode up. They joined the crowd to see our bikes. all 3 had just ridden over 25 miles from Plano, on their $5000 bicycles. They too were interested in how much our bikes cost. They started quessing, $1000? $2000? It was funny when I told them closer to $500 total.

Yep we were the hillbillies all right, but we were going to be across town, and home in about 30 minutes, and they had probably 2 1/2 hrs of hard riding ahead of them. Just call me Jethro.

ps, I resisted the impulse of telling them how nice I though their pants were.