View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 07:57 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Are MBs the Beverly Hillbillies of bicycledom?

Those look pretty good. I haven't visited this cafe yet. The hipsters rode there but I haven't heard from them in a while. They blocked me on FB because I rode my motor bicycle in their parade a couple times. Even with the motor off, some of them didn't like it. lol. It's their loss, though. I am a friendly rider who gladly fixes bikes and changes flats or offers the gratuitous spare tube to save someone's ride, just for the price of their old one to patch later and a "thank you".

I'll see ya'll sooner or later. In my little suburban town outside Dallas, most people seem ok with it, esp the bike in the photo. Quite often though they come out ahead of me from intersections because they think i'm going "10mph". I don't think they expect a guy in trousers on a comfort bike to be running 25-30 and get there quick.

Kids always seem to like it, and a lot of older people like it if they have ridden MaBs in Europe or during the fuel rationing of the 1970s. The only people that seem to have a problem about it are the nanny-staters that think I should have to pay some kind of fee or tax to ride it, or think "it's illegal bc. it has a motor on it!", plus the young guys who have to drive 60mph everywhere or they'll have a heart attack.

I've been called a "hillbilly" plenty of times, but not yet when I am riding the motorbicycles.
1" roller Dax Friction Drive and Tanaka 3300 with mods.

Last edited by happycheapskate; 02-26-2012 at 07:59 PM.