View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Resident Mad Scientist
Default Re: Are MBs the Beverly Hillbillies of bicycledom?

Originally Posted by BarelyAWake View Post
...Naturally not all bicyclists are so indifferent to others that they would at best inconvenience and at worst endanger others, but as a bicyclist myself I must say the dubious practice of "claiming the lane" when you simply cannot keep up with the rest of traffic, then ignoring, even refusing to begrudge even a modicum of additional room to allow traffic to pass safely even for a moment - this is what is noticed and resented by many ...and remembered.

We all share the roads, the keyword being share.
I think the ones were most frustrated with are the "rotten apples" that spoil the bunch. Indy has some super-serious cyclists, and they've never (to my knowledge) presented a problem, any more than our serious MBers tend to present any problems. Maturity and common sense go a long way, with motorists and cyclists alike. We must keep our heads and remind ourselves that the problem ones tend to stick out, but they're not ALL like that.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"