View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 10:30 PM
Resident Mad Scientist
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Temperature went above 50 degrees so it was "Bike Day" at our house. I had out my wrenches and made adjustments to all the kids bikes if they needed it, lube if they needed it, checked and/or added inflation to tires, checked batteries in lights, etc.

And I got to watch Sophie, my eldest, hunker down and spew gravel 'till the rear tire gripped and off she went. I think it's the way she distributes her weight, but I was never able to do that on a pedal bike. I just moved forward.

It was such a quiet, lazy day in the mobile home park that I decided to join the fun. I brought out Tempus and puttered about with the kiddos. Then Sophie proposed a race.
Well, of course at WOT there was no way she could win. (But at WOT I would run out of road quick.) So it went this way: Sophie would accelerate much faster than me; I'd pop the clutch, catch up, and finish just a little ahead. She would get furious if she thought I'd just let her win - so I have to play it real. But she loved knowing that she came close to beating me a couple times.

And the neighbors actually seemed to be getting into it too. We had spectators.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"