View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 05:57 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Today I...

Cut an old inner tube into a 6 inch sheath to put on my cross bar under my fuel tank. I've been having problems with the vibrations making my tank rotate around the tube, and if I'm not paying attention, it rotates far enough that it pulls my fuel line off the petcock. Rubber applied for more grip, rode probably 20 miles after the fix, no rotation whatsoever.

I also picked up a spring and some picture hanging wire from ACE hardware to make using my choke easier. It's kind of a hack job at the moment, but it gets the job done. Spring pulls the choke lever back down, wire with a tab lets me pull it up. This makes it so that I can easily apply choke and remove it from the engine without having to bend over, fish around, and try and flip the choke while riding. One hand on the throttle, one hand on the choke, pedaling, and having the engine start kicking up always felt crazy and like I was about to lose control and crash. This fixed it, even though it's a quick-fix.

Noticed my spark plug wire was coming off of the plug. When I went to push it back on, it didn't budge. I took it off to see what was the matter, and pieces fell out. Managed to get it all back on, but I'm wanting to replace the cable. Went by a car shop and asked if they had any spark plug wires laying around I could have, the guy reached in a tool box and handed me one, just like that. Right now, I've got the spring out, and it seems to be running fine, but I'd like a more firm connection since it seems to not have anything but gravity holding it on anymore.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tank rubber.jpg (205.6 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg choke spring.jpg (237.1 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg plug cap.jpg (170.2 KB, 43 views)