View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 09:00 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Getting all 3 Horse Power out of your GT-5 Sky? (tear down)

My adjustable rotor did come this afternoon. I just got back from my first test ride. it came with no instructions, but luckily I already read what Jim said about how to use it. I don't have a degree wheel so I used the eyeball method. He recommended advancing the timing about half the width of the key. That's what I tried to do, but it's not easy, because you can't really see the keyway when the bolt is in place. I tried to file a mark on the end of the shaft, and made a mark on the rotor with a sharpie. All I can really say is it's more advanced than stock.

It didn't make any earth shattering difference in power, but as advertised it did seem to have an effect on the 4 stroking problem I've been having, because after the motor warmed up it was almost non existant. Before it would start 4 stroking badly after about 30 mph. I just got it up to 36-37 a few times with only the slightest hint around 34 mph or so. I didn't notice any piston ping either, so tomorrow I'll probably advance it a little more just to see what happens. Knowing me I'm sure I'll play with it till I know all it's secrets.