View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 06:58 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Originally Posted by 5-7HEAVEN View Post
I bought this NOS Diamondback steel cruiser frame for $31 on ebay:

It has guides for rear v-brakes and 7-speed derailleur.

What a deal!

Hopefully, my 6hp Robin/Subaru OHC engine fits w/little problems. I'm shooting for 29" ROCKSHOX fork, 29" Schwalbe Big Apple front tire, 26" Big Apple rear, disc brakes, 7-speed derailleur and shift kit. If the cassette fails, then maybe a NuVinci hub.

$31 might have been the bid you won at but $92 for shipping needs to be added in, too Is it that expensive to ship to Hawaii? Or did the seller stab you on the shipping? I know that some sellers add their minimum to the shipping but that just seems a bit much

Now, onto my bike

I'm trying to figure out how to position the motor in the frame to measure and make templates for the motor mount plates to be welded to the frame. The lower mount will use the lower mounting holes on the S5 N Morini. They will be welded to the seat post and lower frame wqith the head lug attached to the top bar along with a mount for the expansion chamber. All I can think of is laying the bike on it's sode on a old sleeping bag and use old blankets to position the parts in the right place. I'll cut the templated from some poster board I have and transfer the design to steel to be cut with a plasma cutter.

I'll post in my thread about the build