View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 06:52 PM
Resident Mad Scientist
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

My wife informed me that we needed Benedryl as well as contact lens solution. I know an excuse to ride when I hear it. I double checked the thermometer; 50 degrees! Good enough for me. I cruised on down Southwest Street - a marvelous, twisty, turny little-used residential road. Not many people outside, but heads did turn.
I park at Walgreen's, lock up, and go in. Meanwhile, outside, the barometer's dropping like an anvil in a Roadrunner cartoon. I come back out and, as I load my stuff in the trunk, I notice it's grown markedly colder. And with an icey wind to boot. I couldn't get my girl started the first couple times, until I set the choke again. Once I let her idle a bit she was alright. I got home and read my thermometer, it had gone back down to freezing already! Whoa!
She does like to run in cold weather, but only if you can get her started and if you have time to warm her up. Otherwise - she likes the warm, sunny days. She obviously was unhappy being dragged out on a day like this, but I couldn't resist.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"