View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 09:49 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Cool Re: Anybody here using Titanium bolts?

Hey, try blasting out of criterium corners again and again for several hours , 50 miles or 100 kilos, and then tell em it doesn't matter.

of course its less important on a motor bike, but I'm in my higher 50's now and not getting any stronger- I don't want to muscle a bike around much- plus the motors are a little underpowered anyway.

Luckily I have a gas station a block away and even my smaller tank lasts me a couple of weeks for my purposes - I generally put between 80 cents to a dollar in it- I'd go even smaller and with less gas if there was a tank out there- a small FRAME FIT tank would be great.

I have a front basket I've taken off the removable support bracket and just lashed it to the bars with worm clamps- the bracket is solid steel- HEAVY and that saves a half of a pound probably

Anyway- so it's reasonable to have a motorized bicycle that weighs in about 45 pounds, cruises at around 30 and COASTS a half a mile when the motors cut at speed. This is very satisfying.

If I was in it just for speed I'd get some alloy drop bars, but I have the BMX anno bars with an 8 inch rise- quite comfortable.

Here it is before the 3 piece alloy crank and before taking off the basket bracket
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 50.jpg (326.1 KB, 33 views)