View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 02:48 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Talking Re: Getting all 3 Horse Power out of your GT-5 Sky? (tear down)

Thanks Trucked I saw your thread and that is a nice looking engine.

Well Skarrd….I think I might be able to make an aluminum spacer after all. It just so happens that I have a friend that works at an r and d military base in a machine shop. (Some guys have all the luck) I went over the dimensions with him tonight and he thinks he can do it. He should give me conformation tomorrow. If he can he will be making me a 4mm thick aluminum spacer made out of 70-75 space grade aluminum (ALL the luck). I’m making it 4mm thick because I will have a 1mm gasket on each side of it essentially raising the jug 6mm. He has also offered to mill the top of the jug down (where I was going to spend an hour and a half sanding it down on a plate of glass).

If he can’t then I’ll be stuck to making a 1.5mm gasket for the bottom end of the jug and taking .5mm off the top end of it (since the original gasket is 1mm thick). And since no one has suggested 6mm thick gasket material I’m assuming it’s hard to come by or it doesn’t exist. This will be an improvement but will not be anywhere near perfect.
Later on (assuming my friend can’t help me) I might dermal a spacer out of hobby aluminum that you can find at home depot, but that is going to be a lot of work. However this would be a suggestion for someone trying to copy what I’m doing and doesn’t have a machinist as a friend.

Last edited by recon chris; 01-26-2012 at 02:58 AM.