View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 07:32 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: First build by most not handy guy

so i finished the frame. And sanded it down. I primered the frame and then painted it. I started to put the bike back together and the springer fork i ordered is not coming until monday so for sh*ts and giggles i put on the stock fork from the felt el guapo and i think i like it better!!!!! This bike is for other people to ride with me and also for me to ride so i think this will be less squirmmy than the sringer.

So what do you think of my first build SO Far???? I'm not anywhere near done. I want to paint fork and handlebars flat black as well as crank where pedals go flat black. No chrome!

I did run into some problems so far. Pedal hits the engine head slightly because i had to offset engine. I need to by wide pedals if they make those. I dont have much room to move the engine around.

Problem 2 i opened the engine kits parts today and realized the cap that covers spark plug was shattered so i dont know what do to about that.

Problem 3 forgot about the pice i needed that holds the back tire in place and bolts to frame.

And that is so far the issues i have im sure there will be more to come.

I gotta say i am having a blast doing this.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg securedownload.jpg (148.8 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg paint.jpg (165.0 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg my bike build.jpg (158.6 KB, 184 views)

Last edited by Blake84; 01-21-2012 at 10:29 PM.