Originally Posted by CTripps
I tried that set-up with my new tube and tire, but I couldn't get it to settle properly between the tube and tire. I changed to using it as a liner between the tube and the tread of the tire. I'm hoping to reduce the puncture problems I'm plagued with, so the debris now has to go through a new kevlar lined tire, 2-3 thicknesses of old tube and then the new self-sealing tube. I'm pretty sure the pressure variations I have now are all due to the overnight temp hitting freezing with the days not much warmer.
The old tube slipped around the new one like a glove.
If it hadn't, I would've pumped up the tube a bit. Then I'd slip the old tube over it, wrapped electrician's tape around it every 12", then installed the new tube.