View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Thumbs up Re: 110v Stick vs. 110v Wire Feed Question

[QUOTE=Dirt Road Cowboy;352329]Hi everyone.

I have a CH 110v stick welder, and have been thinking about a 110v HF flux core wire feed unit.

Is there any benefit to the wire feed, or would I be better off getting a bigger welder?

I've never done any MIG or TIG welding, only arc and Oxy-Acetylene welding, but I have been considering getting a dual purpose MIG/flux core welder and eventually learning to MIG weld.

I am thinking about the dual purpose welder because a lot of my welding is out in the open, and I would probably have problems with the shielding gas. I just don't know if one of the smaller ones would be enough to be versatile.

Should I consider one of them, or just go for a bigger arc welder?

DRC, go with a tig/mig if you can find a quality one. Take a welding class if you havent done so already, you'll probably gain more insight as to which type of welding / welder will be for you. You can find one occasionally on C-list.

Practice practice practice, be safe and have fun! As for the horrible fright mig's they are ok for welding on bicycles but nlt much else, JMO!

Peace Crazy Horse.
P.S. Builders check this thread for in depth info for Horizontal 4-stroke Honda crf50 Pitbike / Dirtbike / Atv engines:

These engines work best used for motorizing the Stretch Cruisers & Chopper builds.