View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 08:14 AM
The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Default Re: 2 bike stolen in san diego

Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
You know who the guy is and you haven't called the police? That's what you do when something is stolen from you. You don't beat the guy up and you don't ignore it. Dude ride's it in front of you and you do nothing?

I really hate to put this this way: you need to grow a pair and call the cops. That's what they're for. The cops, that is. Every time he rides your bike he's spitting in your face, something I simpley couldn't handle.
I think you need to take him at his word that he felt he had more to lose than the guy who stole the bike and leave it at that. To say he lacks ball bearings is something you really are not in a position to make judgement on. You don't know the whole situation any more than I do. As a young man there are a lot of things I would have done that I later would have thought through more clearly. Sometimes "getting even" can backfire and give more grief than satisfaction. "Discretion is the better part of valor".
Someday when I grow up I will probably lose interest in toys with wheels, but until then...