New to Ebikes. Need help/advice
Hello. I live in CA. I am new to the motorized bike world and in need of advice.
My b/f and I both have Schwinn Jaguars 7 speed and we are looking into putting an electric motor on his for work transportation. His route consist of 2 large hills. He is 5'9 240 pounds. We are on a budget,so something inexpensive is what we are going for.
I know there are rear wheel kits and front wheel kits. We would like to still be able to use the bike for pedaling. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
1. What would be the best motor for his size?
2. What are the cost?
3. Since we have gears will a rear wheel kit be an issue?
4. How long is battery life?
5. Is there a way to make it anti theft (IE- alarm/key?)
6. Is it possible to get a compact solar panel to charge bike?
Last edited by jazzyj; 01-11-2012 at 11:22 PM.