The engine drive chain was so tight that I installed an extra link and two chain tensioners. However, the chain jammed on the test ride and I'm lucky it did not snap.
For some strange reason, I am no longer able to adjust chain tension on the engine drive. After staring at the chain drive for a long time, I realized I would need to reconfigure the lead motor mount pivot. That SHOULD give me a fraction of an inch I need to adjust chain tension. So yesterday I took the day off and bought 1/4" aluminum bar stock. That should be wide and strong enough to handle the engine.
The new motor mount should be done by tonight. That'll fix the problem, I'm sure.