View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Originally Posted by moonerdizzle View Post
That is a sweet expansion chamber. What is it off of?
betta late than never..
The pipe is off a LEM 50cc suzuki dirtbike cant remember the exact yr model.
Almost went with a pipe off a kx65 but the fella recommended this pipe due to the china donk not revving out as hard as the kx65 making the powerband up almost out of its range. This LEM 50 pipe works really well the exhaust note distinctively changes when the band is kicking in love it.

Well today Ive managed to redo the header pipe and im very happy with it. Mind you it took me 4hrs for roughly 4" of pipe but are well.
Managed to match the header to the exhaust port and keep a nice flowy bend.
Expanded the incoming header pipe then expanded the exhaust to slide the header pipe in then used a ball point hammer to lightly marry it all up ready for a weld. Got the best result I could think of doing leaving minimal catch points for the exhaust flow. Just waiting on the exhaust wrap to come in. Ive noticed the bike will what seems 4 stoke a little until the pipe is hot then its gr8.

I have attached a pic of my plug after going for a 1/4 throttle run lightly loaded.
The bike sounds like it just doesnt want to run there (VM18 mikuni) just abit more throttle to half from say 10m/hr and it starts to sound right and will accelerate almost up to top speed with maybe 3 little 4stroke blips which doesnt really seem to hinder the accleration.

Funny thing was though after doing the 1/4 throttle run I was expecting to see an oily plug only to find it a nice clean tan colour.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new header.JPG (110.1 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg comparison.JPG (123.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg quart. throttle plug.JPG (73.0 KB, 34 views)
-> Reading this signature was pointless <-