Thread: indian chief?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 08:50 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: indian chief?

Yea,.I was just thinking because my friend has a bmx bike with rear disk break and he just got a new one for xmas so I was gona buy the old one from him. my local bike shop has some very very wide 20 inc tires (about 20~2.325) and for the rear suspension: I had tought of useing awo strange things I found in my parts bucket that has a metal ball with a hole in it sunk into a threaded base, and just using big bolts as the slide with two larger compression springs. I've got a very large gastank that would work quite well but its blue&white. Also I've got some handlebrs tha are very close to what my dad has on his coustom chief so I'll use thos. I've got a very large and rusted out tripple spring seat that I was debating about removin the post clamps and just jb welding the springs to the frame and re covering it with black pleather. I do have a rear 20 inch fender but I'm alittle confused on what to do for the front, I don't think any bikes have 20 inch fenders in front. I have a set of "indian" lights that I made out of some steel and the left over lights from the free table at a swap meet. If I can figure out how to post pics I'll get some of them up here.
if you think you dont need it, wait two weeks. you'l prove yourself wrong 9 times outta 10