View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I installed my "cargo assembly" the other day on my daily rider. Been testing out the side effects of having it.

It's between 12 and 15lbs. Consists of a Topeak Explorer rack with "tool channel" that has a Wald 962 folding basket hoseclamped to each side. A large 4xAA generic taillight is screwed to the reflector tab. The "tool channel" takes various Topeak-branded things like trunk bags with panniers, baskets, and even a child seat. I have a trunk+pannier set since 2007 that I occasionally use with the rack. The trunk slides into the channel and panniers fit over the baskets, whether folded or not, so serious cargo hauling is possible.

I also installed my 4G cover and a downtube fender about a month ago. So far it's been doing an awesome job. It's simply a short fender that mounts on downtube and protects the bottom bracket area and sprockets from getting sprayed by the front tire. That area can be tough to clean on MaBs, and this fender was $9 shipped from Amazon. I think it kinda looks cool, too. Lots of pieces of my bike are plastic or polycarbonate, and it pulls it off, I think.

I still need to regear/change my crank sprockets and install V-brakes and dual-pull Paul Component levers. Then it's on to upgrading the headlight system and reworking my old LED tailights for my current application.

Does it ever really end with these?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bagged.jpg (131.2 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg Wald 962s @ work.jpg (516.5 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Wald 962s @ work 2.jpg (506.4 KB, 59 views)