View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: +7 mph by fixxing poor quality on 66cc

I understand the intrepidation on going to disc brakes, The cost seems pretty steep to most, But trust me if you have ever ridden a disc brake bike over any amount of time you would be sold! I am an avid mountain biker and have three mountain bikes all of them disc. In the last 10 years all substantial MTB have gone to disc, A pair of wet rim brakes just isn't going to cut it while going down a mountain at speeds that our motorbikes aren't able to do for the most part. All you really need is front disc to improve your braking ten fold as 70% of your braking power is up front anyhow. Suntour XCT V2 suspension fork | eBay $60 w/shipping Bike Bicycle Disc Disk Brake Calipers 160mm 6 Bolts R | eBay $33 w/shipping WTB Dual Duty shimano 6-Bolt Disc Front Wheel 26 x 1.75 32H Blk/Blk: Sports & Outdoors $55 . So for about $150 your getting front suspension, A stronger smoother wheel (less resistence more speed!) and stronger braking, no loss of braking in the wet, and longer pad life. Theres a reason they don't put rim brakes on motorcycles. Some day soon all bikes will come with disc brakes...Trust me.
35 mph club!