View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 10:30 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Today was not a good day.

It wasn't raining when I left for work this morning, but the roads were wet. Two miles from home, I ran into trouble atop a large hill. A small flat metal object was laying in the road. I came up on it so quickly; if I had swerved fromt its path, the bike would prolly have gone down. There was no choice but to run over it. Immediately after doing so, the bike lost power, so I pulled onto the sidewalk. Whatever I rolled over had kicked up, damaging the front derailleur and breaking the engine chain. After repairing it, the chain was now too short to fit the sprockets. Fortunately, the bike chain and sprockets were ok, so I pedalled four miles to work in full gear and backpack. I had forgotten my cellphone, so I stopped by my auto mechanic's shop to call my office. I had to pick up a foster child @ 945am to transport him to his doctor's appointment. Thankfully, I was able to reach the doctor in time today.

A woman whom I had attended college classes with last year jogged by, so we spoke for a bit. As soon as she was out of sight, I realized I shoulda asked to borrow her cellphone to call my office. Three other joggers passing by said they didn't have cellphones(yeah, right), even after I offered $10 to borrow it.

After work, I had less than three hours to repair my bike and ride home before dark. Since it's in a secured area/workplace, I decided to leave it there overnight. My vacation starts tomorrow, so wifey can drop me off at work. I'll repair it there. If I can't fix it, it'll be a 6-mile leisurely ride home.

Today was not a good day.

Last edited by 5-7HEAVEN; 12-15-2011 at 10:34 PM.