View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 02:07 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Would you like to help a bunch of teenagers go fast?

Originally Posted by Nathan113 View Post
The motor we have wasn't really a choice. It was free and easy to get. We only have about $50. We have all the tools we'd need, i.e. Welder, ratchets, sheer force, etc. We're not really just trying to go fast, it was just a title. We wanted to make something motorized. We have no set time limit on it, but I'm the smartest there and most skilled, and with some general "know how" I think I can manage it.
The only problem is everyone is DEAD SET on using what I have, so I'm just gonna have to manage. Later tonight, I'm gonna convince them to let me take it home and work on it here. So I know its gonna take a while, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get it running. If there is nothing you can do to assist me, I understand. Thank you for your time.
Have you even begun to conceptualize how you are going to transfer that motors power from a horizontal rotation to vertical? I think everyone is trying to tell you that is more than you bargained for, if you know it yet or not.
Do yourself a favor, find about $75 more dollars and buy a kit, or find a dead 2-stroke snow blower that has a motor with the shaft coming out the SIDE instead of the bottom. Good luck whatever you decide to do....