View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Warning to All! - Everyone look at this!

Man if I had a motoredbike for evertime someone said they were quitting I'd have a fleet. Bruce I feel your pain and hear you well. I have had an engine just seize up on me at 20 mph. The whole bike just locked up and skidded out of control out from under me. I rebuilt and it seized again, now I'm using a Titan and a 70cc 2 stroke. If I look at everything honestly, after all the time and money I've invested in my hobby I could have bought a cheap used motorcycle, like my former motoredbiking riding partner did.
I don't rely on my motoredbikes and I don't trust them too much, but I do enjoy them. Plus I like being the only kid on the block with one.

You never know what life has in store for you even in a car you think is safe. I had tires on my truck replaced at Firestone. A few days later I had bad vibration and heard a lot of rattleing. The installers had not tightend the lug nuts on the left rear tire, 3 had fallen off and 2 were barely on. I'll never trust Firstone again with my and my kids lives. You never know.

Good luck.