View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 11:58 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

Rode to work, great, no problems. Just after I started my ride home, my clutch cable broke at the lever. With some cautious balancing between throttle, idle and brakes I made it most of the way home before I stalled it out. Used a cable tie from the tool kit to hold the clutch arm so I could roll it up the last part of the hill. I have no doubts that I'll find the barrel end of the cable. It often seems like I have that kind of luck, a few strands of cable will be drawn to my tires like they're magnetic. So, dug into a box in the garage and pulled out an old brake cable. Once I got it loosened up I cut the sheath to length with the Dremel, greased the cable and worked it back and forth in the sheath a bit with some help from WD40. Threaded the end back on the cable, crimped it on, threaded the cable through and put the keeper on it, snugged in nicely. Feels pretty good, I'll see how it does in the morning.

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser